Enrollment for an Apple Developer Account goes through Apple and there are 3 steps:
- Apple ID with two-factor authentication turned on
- Enroll as an organization for the program. You need:
- Legal Entity Status
- A D-U-N-S Number
- Legal Binding Authority
- A Website
- Invite Appmanager2@mylaps.com to AppStore Connect and grant access to developer resources
Please keep in mind this process can take up to 8 weeks!
1. Which products are subject to this process?
- White-Label EventApp
- White-Label SeriesApp
- White-Label TimerApp
A white-label App has it's own icon in the App Store. Users can download the app when they search for your event in the App Store. The name of your Apple Developer Account is also reflected under the name of your event.
2. Enroll for your Apple Developer Program
Enrolling as an Organization
If you’re enrolling your organization, you’ll need an Apple ID with two-factor authentication turned on, as well as the following to get started:
A D-U-N-S® Number
Your organization must have a D-U-N-S Number so that we can verify your organization’s identity and legal entity status. These unique nine-digit numbers are assigned by Dun & Bradstreet and are widely used as standard business identifiers. You can check to see if your organization already has a D-U-N-S Number and request one if necessary. They are free in most jurisdictions. Learn more
Legal Entity Status
Your organization must be a legal entity so that it can enter into contracts with Apple. We do not accept DBAs, fictitious businesses, trade names, or branches.
Legal Binding Authority
As the person enrolling your organization in the Apple Developer Program, you must have the legal authority to bind your organization to legal agreements. You must be the organization’s owner/founder, executive team member, senior project lead, or have legal authority granted to you by a senior employee.
Your organization’s website must be publicly available and the domain name must be associated with your organization.
Start enrollment here!
3. Invite Appmanager2@mylaps.com to AppStore Connect
Once your developer account is approved we need access to your account so we can publish apps on your behalf.
- Go to https://appstoreconnect.apple.com and login with your personal
- Click on Users and Access
- Click the small + icon to invite the MYLAPS App Manager to your account
- Invite the MYLAPS App Manager2 into your account.
Enter the name & email below and check the boxes below and click Invite
- First name: App
- Last name: Manager2
- Email: Appmanager2@mylaps.com
! Make sure to tick the Admin checkbox, and Developer Resources checkbox
! You will see a confirmation dialog like below when finished
4. Contact Apple Support
Need service or support from Apple? Start your request online and we’ll find you a solution.
- Visit https://developer.apple.com/ and click on Support on top right
- Click Contact Apple Developer Support (bottom left of page)
- Sign in to Apple Developer with your Apple ID and Password
- Click Membership and Account
- Select what you need help with in your enrollment process
- How want help – select Phone
- Enter your phone number and click Call Me
- An Apple Support Representative will call you within the wait time parameters.
Call backs have been almost immediate in our experience
More Ways to Get Help:
- U.S. iPod, Mac and iPad technical support: (800) APL–CARE (800–275–2273)
- U.S. iPhone technical support: (800) MY–IPHONE (800–694–7466)
- See all worldwide support telephone numbers
- Contact a mobile carrier
Most Apple products are eligible for 90 days of complimentary technical support. Online technical support for Apple products is available beyond the initial 90 days.
1. "Organization could not be verified as a legal entity" error message after providing legal name and DUNS number in enrollment process:
Requires organization to contact DUNS to make sure their database is up to date
You can find support here: https://www.dnb.com/customer-success.html
- Look up your DUNS Number: https://www.dandb.com/dunsnumberlookup/
- Support Portal: https://support.dnb.com/?CUST=APPLEDEV
- Live Chat (click on Chat button top right): https://www.dandb.com/dunsnumberlookup/
(866) 584 – 0283
(866) 843 – 6057
2. Two-Factor Authentication issues:
Customers can go here for support: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915
3. If you do not have an Apple device:
Apple states following:
"With two-factor authentication, your account can only be accessed on devices you trust, like your iPhone, iPad, or Mac."
More information can be found here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915
It is usually a good practice to have one company owned Apple device for these cases
4. Entity Type in Apple Flow – what to select?
Most of our customers will choose Company/Organization type of entity
You will choose differently if:
- You are part of a government structures - choose Government Organization
- You are a non-profit organization - choose Nonprofit Organization
5. If you do not have a DUNS number or you are unaware of what it is:
Information on what is DUNS number can be found here: https://www.dnb.com/duns-number.html
Apple uses DUNS number to verify you are a real company, with real legal entity etc. It is a double-check from their side to ensure they cooperate only with real, working businesses, and thus do not have to deal with dummy accounts, frauds etc.
6. Refusal to allow MYLAPS the ROLE of Admin:
If (for whatever reason) you are unable to give us Admin access to your apple developer account, we cannot furnish you with a White-labelled solution
Sporthive Live is still available option in this case
8. Race Administrator gets all Apple email communication:
Account holders (people who have started the enrollment process with Apple) will always get all the email communication
As soon as we have Admin access with access to developer resources, customers can ignore emails from Apple - MYLAPS will take care of everything regarding the app created by MYLAPS