- Integrator – required (Version 2 only)
- Decoder – not required (passing data sent via T&S via the exporter)
- Camera model USB cords Cam to Integrator
- Bib / Thin Tag
- Pro Chip
Supported Cameras for ProCam
Tested and recommend the following professional cameras live connected with the Integrator:
- Canon 50D
- Canon 550D
- Canon 5D II
- Canon 5D III
- Canon 6D
- Canon 7D
- Canon 7D II
- Canon 70D
- Canon 750D
- Canon 75D
- Nikon D3S
- Nikon D300(s)
- Nikon D300 / D3
- Nikon D4
- Nikon D700
- Sony Alpha a6000
The following website includes a table were all cameras that can be connected to our PhotoVideo system are listed: http://gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php
Cameras that can be connected to the PhotoVideo Integrator have to meet the following two ability requirements (abilities can be found in the second column of the table):
- ‘Image Capture’
- ‘Live view’
In addition, the cameras should not be in the experimental or testing phase.
If you want to use professional cameras offline and upload the photos after the event to the EventCMS you can use all camera types. Just check if the SD card reader is compatible with your laptop (you still need to change the settings, see next question).
If you connect a professional camera to an Integrator apply the following settings to your camera:
- Disable raw mode (jpg only)
- Set it to a quality setting that is closest (but no lower) than 2000x1000 pixels
- Sync the time, date and timezone of the camera with the BibTag Decoder (note: not with the Integrator).
The best way to do this is to set the time of the camera half a minute ahead and move cursor in camera settings menu to the Ok/Set/Save button and then do a countdown on the BibTag Decoder time 3-2-1-Set to press the button at the exact same time.
- Set 'auto rotate' functionality to 'on'
- After syncing the time of the cameras let the photographers take a picture of the decoder time while connected to the Integrator. This way we can verify if everything is working correctly.
During the race
Once the race started photographers cannot change their position.
For example, a photographer cannot take photos behind the finish line and in front of the finish line. This makes it impossible to match photos to participants correctly.
If you only use professional cameras you don’t need to connect the Integrator to a decoder.