If there is a live video stream available during race day, it is possible to embed this stream in the EventApp, so users can follow everything what is happening live wherever they go!
1) HTTP live stream (HLS)
2) YouTube live video
3) Create a YouTube live streaming account
1. HTTP live stream (HLS)Click Config > Event Config > Event Timeline
Add a HTTP Live Stream (HLS)
M3U8 files are the basis for the HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) format. You can add your M3U8 url in the Live video url field.
2. YouTube live video
Click Config > Event Config > Event Timeline
Click Get YouTube live video url
Add YouTube url and Resolution
3. Create YouTube live streaming account
Go to https://www.youtube.com/live_streaming_signup and follow the instructions.
Wirecast Play (Windows & OSX)
- Free (limited) version of wirecast. The paid version of Wirecast also works for youtube.
- Wirecast Cam (iOS 8) is a companion app to turn an iPhone into an IP camera.
Live In Five (Android)
- Very simple app but works great. It shows ads on the phone but not on the output. Once you fill-in your YouTube account credentials it will automatically create a live event. Just click record to start broadcasting.
- Exactly the same as the iOS version. This could be an advantage but “Live in Five” worked better.
8Gram (iOS 7)
- Seems to behave a bit odd when started for the first time but after this it works like “Live in Five”
Get public streaming URL
Once broadcasting go to the Video Manager.
Add URL to Event Timeline section