You need to configure your timelines to set up your LiveTracking functionality. LiveTracking allows friends and family to track real-time activities and progress of athletes during the race. This feature also helps improve safety by monitoring the field of participants during the race.
The more timelines you have the better the LiveTracking estimation will be. Typically you will have a start mat, intermediates and a finish mat. We advise to have at least one timeline in the first 5K for better finish time estimations. The distance of the last timeline must match with the distance configured for the specific race (and with the distance of the course map you uploaded). It is also possible to set up a multi-lap race, or use the same timeline twice. Please note that this requires a stable internet connection to prevent inconsistencies.
1) Timeline configuration
2) Optional configurations
3) Leaderboard configurations
1. Timeline configuration
Go to Config > Timer Setup
Scroll down to Races
Click Race Setup > Add timeline
- Name - has to be exact location name as in Timing & Scoring
- Route - select the race timelines apply to
- Distance - enter distance from start to this timeline
- Visible as split - when unchecked, this timeline will be hidden from the map (use only for splits!)
- Consider optional details if applicable
Repeat this action till you have all your timelines set up.
2. Optional configurations
- Name (for display) - this is the friendly name which is displayed to users in the app and on the website.
- Timeline open time - time of day, all passings on this timeline before this time will be ignored and discarded. This option can be used when you expect athletes to pass the timeline before the start of the race.
- Sport on next timeline - especially important for events with multi-stage races, like triathlons.
- Speed penalty - use this percentage when you expect a slower or faster average speed on this sector, because of an ascent or descent (can be negative).
- Trigger SocialShares for passings on this timeline - uncheck this option to exclude passings on this timeline from posting SocialSharing messages. When you have multiple timelines, it can be a suitable option to disable a couple of the timelines, in order to limit the number of SocialShare messages on someone's FB / Twitter timeline.
- Prevent live-tracking overshoot - when checked, livetracking estimated position will never pass this timeline unless this timeline is passed. Use this option only for long distance races.
- Status message - show this message in the livetracking details for this timeline, e.g. when timeline is offline. Will only be displayed when no data is available.
- Time correction delta - add this delta time (can be negative) to all passings on this timeline. Use this to correct for an invalid devince clock.